As a result of the Coronavirus pandemic the 17th National Congress on School Transportation has been postponed until May 3-7, 2025.
HOWEVER, by the time the 17th NCST Steering Committee made the decision to postpone the 17th National Congress on School Transportation the NCST Writing Committees had completed their review, analysis, and final recommendations on all proposed changes to the 17th National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures (NSTSP) publication.
At the request of a writing committee chair, the NCST Steering Committee directed the Editing Committee to update ten NSTSP sections. These updates are only (EDITORIAL in nature) legal references, grammatic, spelling, etc. In other words, only non-debatable proposals were reviewed, edited and updated. Below are the titles of the ten updated sections that have been reviewed and approved by the 17th NCST Steering Committee. Each of the documents are in PDF format and are encrypted so that the content cannot be changed.
You can download the independent amendments below, or click here for all of the amendments in one document.
Sections amended include:1. BUS BODY AND CHASSIS SPECIFICATIONS
2. APPENDIX B: School Bus Body and Chassis Specifications
3. SCHOOL BUS INSPECTION
5. ACTIVITY BUS OPERATIONS: TRANSPORTATION OTHER THAN TO AND FROM SCHOOL OR HEAD START
6. TRANSPORTATION FOR INFANTS, TODDLERS AND PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN
7. TRANSPORTATION FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES AND SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS
8. SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION SECURITY AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
9. APPENDIX H: School Transportation Security and Emergency Preparedness
10. SPECIALLY EQUIPPED SCHOOL BUS SPECIFICATIONS
All edits to the documents are shown in RED TEXT
The original 2015 National School Transportation Specifications and Procedures can be found here.